Email is one of the most popular marketing tools used by businesses of all sizes and it is one of the most effective ones too. Of course, you will need to build your marketing database first, but don’t feel that you need to have loads of people on your mailing list before you send out your marketing email – even if you start small, your list will grow organically if you are sharing interesting and useful information that your readers will enjoy reading and following up on. With great online tools that provide ready to use templates and ideas as well as reports on how well your email is doing, it has never been easier to create your email campaigns – even if you are not a creative type.
We looked at some interesting stats that show the benefits of email marketing and why you should consider using it as part of your marketing strategy, no matter how small your business is:
- Three-quarters of companies agree that email offers “excellent” to “good” ROI. (Econsultancy, 2016)
- Email use worldwide will top 3 billion users by 2020. (The Radicati Group, 2016)
- 86% of consumers would like to receive promotional emails from companies they do business with at least monthly, and 15% would like to get them daily. (Statista, 2015)
- 78% of consumers have unsubscribed from emails because a brand was sending too many emails. (HubSpot, 2016)
- 83% of companies use at least basic segmentation for their emails. (Econsultancy, 2016)
- The ability to segment email lists and individualise email campaign messaging are the most effective personalisation tactics for 51% and 50% of marketing influencers respectively. (Ascend2, 2016)
- Segmented and targeted emails generate 58% of all revenue. (The Direct Marketing Association, 2015)
- 86% of professionals prefer to use email when communicating for business purposes. (HubSpot, 2017)(Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics)
So if you are considering starting on or improving on your email marketing, we put together a list of some great tools that will help you create and send some amazing emails. Some of them are completely free, some of them are paid for advanced features – you decide which one you like most:
Online email marketing solution to manage subscribers, send emails, and track results. It’s free unless your email list is over 2000 subscribers.
iContact allows you to create, track, and send html based emails and social media messages. The platform also integrates with Salesforce.com and Google Analytics.
Schedule emails to send at optimal times, snooze messages, get read receipts & follow up reminders if someone doesn’t respond to your email.
User friendly platform offering all tools you need for effective email campaigns and automation.
Emma helps you design and distribute targeted email campaigns based on customer behaviour.
VerticalResponse makes it easy to send email newsletters, offers, invitations and autoresponders to grow your business. And it’s free.
With drag-and-drop simplicity, Campaign Monitor gives you everything you need to run professional email marketing campaigns to grow your business.
A great platform to send sophisticated email, resending your campaign 1-5 days later, with a different subject line, only to those subscribers who didn’t open your first email.
10. Constant Contact
With Constant Contact, you can create effective email marketing and other online marketing campaigns to meet your business goals.