At Squirrels&Bears we believe in simplicity and we like to provide clear answers to your questions. In our #howitworks series we focus on simple explanations of various aspects of small business, highlighting the basic facts, what works and what doesn’t work. And we hope to make your life a little easier.
- A geotag is a form of metadata attached to an online update showing your location.
- It connects to your GPS on your device and allows automatically sharing your location when posting on social media.
- Geotagging can help users find a wide variety of location-specific information from a device.
- Geotags are an effective way for users to share their whereabouts with other users and can help businesses to share information about their location, so that customers can find their brick-and-mortar shops and offices.
- Share your business location in your social media posts and stories, so it’s easier for your consumers to find you.
- Create a photo map to demonstrate the extent of your brand reach and engage with local followers.
- Use geotags to connect with potential partners and influencers.
- Create a new location if you can’t find an existing one.
- Encourage other users to share content to your location or hashtag.
- Use geotagging if you are worried about your privacy.